Sodium percarbonate (Synonyms: sodium carbonate peroxyhydrate, sodium carbonate peroxide, PCS) is a free-flowing powder with a common name of solid hydrogen peroxide, it is an addition compound of sodium carbonate and hydrogen peroxide. Percarbonate has an active available oxygen content which is equivalent to 27.5% H2O2. It breaks down to oxygen, water and sodium carbonate upon decomposition. It's an environmentally safe bleaching agent.
* Non-toxic to animals, plants and humans. Very environmentally friendly as they break down into natural soda ash after the oxygen is released get rid of stubborn dirt and organic stains without having to use toxic and hazardous materials like chlorine bleach.
* Used as antistaling and disinfection agent. 1% water solution of sodium percarbonate can keep vegetables and fruits fresh for 4 to 5 moths, which is widely uised abroad. According to standards of UN Food and Agricultural Organization, industry standards of sodium percarbonate as food additive have been made. This will help to lead sodium percarbonate to be appropriately used.
* Used as textile bleaching agent and dyestuff color developing agent. Without weaknesses of discoloration like chlorine bleaching. Sodium percarbonate is especially suited for synthetic fibers, animal fibers, synthetic resins, and fibers treated by fluorescent brightening agent.
* Used as oxidant. Sodium percarbonate can be used as oxidants in hydroxylation of aldehyde group to phenolic group, oxidation of organoborane, nitrilase, oxidation of sulfur ether with amine, epoxidation of olefin, oxidation of ketone, break oxidation of α-diketone, and some other reactions.
* Sodium percarbonate can also be used as metal surface treatment agents, hard filth removing agents in electroplating industry, wastewater treatment agents, and polymerization control agents.