::"Comeback Kid" is also the nickname of football player Joe Montana
::"Comeback Kid" is also the name of a song by the Silversun Pickups
Comeback Kid (or CBK for short) is a hardcore punk band from Winnipeg, Canada. The band was formed in late 2000 by Andrew Neufeld and Jeremy Hiebert who were both members of Figure Four. They were joined by their friends Scott Wade and Kyle Profetta, but CBK was originally intended only to be a side project. Their initial popularity was mainly due to word of mouth within the metalcore/hardcore scene. The band released Turn It Around on Facedown Records in 2003 before moving to Smallman Records in Canada and Victory Records in the rest of the world the following year.
- Kyle Profeta - drums (2000-present)
- Andrew Neufeld - vocals (vocalist of Figure Four and Sights & Sounds) (2006-present); Guitar (2000-2006)
- Jeremy Hiebert - guitar (guitarist of Figure Four) (2000-present)
- Casey Hjelmberg - guitar (formerly of Regret and A False Notion) (touring, 2007-present)
- Kevin Call - bass guitar (2003-2007)
- Scott Wade – vocals (2000-2006)
- Cliff Heide – bass (2000-2003)
- Joel Otte – bass (touring)
- Sean Lipinski – bass (temporary fill-in touring)
On March 12, 2006, at 4:17 AM, Scott Wade posted a MySpace bulletin saying that he was leaving Comeback Kid. He felt he was now holding back the band. Wade's bulletin ended with a thank you to the band, as well as a thank you to all the fans who had "screamed back words once written in a bedroom."Scott played a final show with the band in Winnipeg on July 15, 2006.
On Tuesday, November 20, 2007 Kevin Call posted a MySpace bulletin saying that he was leaving Comeback Kid."Life has called on me to go in a different direction - one that no longer involves playing bass guitar in Comeback Kid. These past few years with this band have been the best years of my life. I've seen some amazing places, made some amazing friendships all over the world, and have grown so much as a result of playing in this band. I thank Andrew, Kyle, Jeremy, Scott, and Casey for giving me the privlege of creating music and performing worldwide with them. I also thank every person who has ever played a part in this band - whether you did a stage dive, bought a record, or put forth effort to make Comeback Kid the band it is today. I wish the rest of the dudes the best of luck. We will be playing what will be my last shows in mid-December, including a show in my hometown of Minneapolis. So keep an eye out for those. Thanks. See you around."
- Demo (2002)
- Turn It Around (2003, Facedown Records)
- Wake the Dead (2005, Smallman/Victory Records)
- Broadcasting...(2007, Smallman/Victory Records)
- List of bands from Canada
Comeback KidComeback KidComeback KidComeback KidComeback KidComeback KidComeback kid?????? ???Comeback KidComeback Kid