Sodium percarbonate is a uncoated and stabilized peroxide that serves as a powerful oxygen bleaching agent for cleaning, whitening, stain removal, hygiene, disinfection, water softening and product compaction. Percarbonate comes in a powder form and is one of the most effective stain removers and disinfectants especially when used in synergy with a bleach activator or catalyst.
Uncoated sodium percarbonate is often used for fish farming and agricultural purpose. It also known as an important oxidization for preparing trimethyl cyclopentenyl acetaldehyde and Epoxydihydrolinalool. Sodium percarbonate is commonly known as oxygen bleach, it is very popular in pre-wash and soaker market. A storage-stable detergent bleaching composition normally active oxygen from sodium percarbonate.
* Multi-purpose stain remover, effective as a laundry presoak for heavily stained articles.
* Brightens fabrics, color-safe and won't bleach dyed fabrics like chlorine bleach will. It can be used on carpet, upholstery and even the most delicate linens (except for some types of wool and silk) without harming the fabric. Unlike many products that are sold as environmentally friendly cleaners that are not that effective, oxygen bleaches really do work and for some stains even do a better job than traditional bleaches or cleaners.
* Non-toxic to animals, plants and humans. Very environmentally friendly as they break down into natural soda ash after the oxygen is released get rid of stubborn dirt and organic stains without having to use toxic and hazardous materials like chlorine bleach.
* Used as antistaling and disinfection agent. 1% water solution of sodium percarbonate can keep vegetables and fruits fresh for 4 to 5 moths, which is widely uised abroad. According to standards of UN Food and Agricultural Organization, industry standards of sodium percarbonate as food additive have been made. This will help to lead sodium percarbonate to be appropriately used.
* Used as textile bleaching agent and dyestuff color developing agent. Without weaknesses of discoloration like chlorine bleaching. Sodium percarbonate is especially suited for synthetic fibers, animal fibers, synthetic resins, and fibers treated by fluorescent brightening agent.
* Used as oxidant. Sodium percarbonate can be used as oxidants in hydroxylation of aldehyde group to phenolic group, oxidation of organoborane, nitrilase, oxidation of sulfur ether with amine, epoxidation of olefin, oxidation of ketone, break oxidation of α-diketone, and some other reactions.
* Sodium percarbonate can also be used as metal surface treatment agents, hard filth removing agents in electroplating industry, wastewater treatment agents, and polymerization control agents.